Where I have been...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

The next part of my adventure!!

Well I am sure you are all exciting to hear about my next adventure, I can't wait to go anyway!! For those of you who don't know how this all came about I shall elaborate... While I was looking for a way to get back to the UK, I found that it was actually cheaper to buy another round the world trip and therefore visit the countries I wanted to see before I came home plus some more!! So I have spent the last couple of months planning where I wanted to go (it only took this long as I was trying to do it while travelling the west coast, and with time difference, my agent pouring hot water on his hands and another agent going on an extended holiday, it took a bit of a mission to book, but I finally got it done and picked up my tickets yesterday!!). So I bet you are all dying to find out where I am going now!!!!

I leave Sydney, Australia on July 12th 2007 and fly to Auckland, New Zealand. As I am sure many of you remember, I have already been to New Zealand, but it actually costs me no extra to stop here for a while and I figured why not. Now that I have thought about it, I can think of a few reasons as to why not... To start it will be the middle of their winter and therefore bl**dy cold!! But on the positive side I will hopefully be able to visit the very north of the north island which I didn't get to see the first time around (although, this is apparently a lot nicer to see during the summer, oh well!!), and of course more importantly I will be in an English speaking country when the lastest and final installment of Harry Potter comes out. I am of course relying on the fact that the book is being released the same time it is everywhere else in the world, but this is New Zealand and may not be the case - fingers crossed though!!

From New Zealand I will then fly to Santiago, Chile. I will then spend the next 4 1/2 months travelling around South America (if all goes to plan!). I will hopefully be going to Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Brazil. I will then fly from Brazil to Madrid, Spain and then onto the UK. I have to do a stop over in Madrid and therefore I felt that I might as well spend a week there and hopefully meet up with a few people I know there when I did my TEFL course. I will then fly back into London - again bad timing as it will be the middle of winter, but at least I will be at home for Christmas :-) Now some of you might be mistaken for thinking that since I am home then that would be the end of my trip - you would be wrong. I figured that one month would be enough before I felt the dia need to travel again. So in the middle of January I will fly to Barcelona and then onto Egypt where I will hopefully do some diving which I am really looking forward to. After a month away I will return to the UK again for my birthday. I figured you guys are really upset about missing my last 2 birthdays!!! So I shall be at home for this one! I will then take off again in March and head to India, then Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and China. I have given 4 months for this, but who knows. After that I am supposed to return to Sydney in the middle of July, but I am yet unsure as to what I will do. It's a year away so I figured I have a bit of time to think of something!!

If anyone is planning on doing some travel to any of these places, let me know and maybe we can meet up...

Wish me luck...

1 comment:

@EmVicW said...

Um, can I ask how an "I will go around the world just to get back to London" ticket turned into an "around the world, brief stop in London, and when the music stops am back in Sydney" ticket???